It’s time to go back-to-school shopping. If you’re an elementary school teacher, this is a great resource for the supplies that your students will need.
There are some great ideas listed below! This blog post includes: art supplies list for elementary school, pencils, crayons, markers, scissors and glue sticks.
You might also like:
- List of Art Supplies for Beginner’s
- Art Supplies for Toddlers List
- Art Supplies List for Preschool
- Art Supplies List for Middle School
- Art Supplies List for High School
- List of Art Supplies for Artists
- List of Art Supplies for Painting
Best Art Supplies List for Elementary School
Looking for ways to inspire your child’s artistic talents? Check out the Best Art Supplies List for Elementary School!
This comprehensive guide is filled with exciting options and is a must-have for parents and educators alike.
Important Art Supplies List for Elementary School
Elementary students are at their beginner’s level of using art tools and creating something new. So, they require easy peasy equipment to work with.
Here are the fifteen most important Art Supplies List for Elementary School that one cannot manage without.
Pencils are one of the most common writing tools in the world. They are traditionally made of a wooden rod encased in a thin layer of rubber or plastic, with a pointed end for marking on paper.
Pencils date back to sometime in what is now modern Germany, where they were invented for other purposes but quickly took off as an instrument for writing.
Pencils are one of the most important tools in art and there are a variety of pencils available in the market.
At elementary level an H-B pencil is a good one as these are hard and dark and students can easily hold these pencils to draw sketches and for making patterns.
You should also include color pencils in your list and there are a variety of affordable color pencils available in the market.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Triangular shaped, oversized pencil with large size diameter (13/32”) is ideal for children in the early stages of their writing development; Easy for…
- TEACHER REQUESTED: You’ve asked for shorter pencils in the classroom, and now the perfect sized-pencil for young students is finally here; 4.5″ Length delivers better control…
- – High Quality – These cute pencils are made with natural wood barrels, give you a ideal introduction of writing and drawing. Rounded shape girl pencils with a colorful stripe…
- HOT NEON COLORS: Five bright colors with erasers to match; Harvested from responsibly managed forests, these pencils provide smooth, even sharpening with minimal breakage;…
- Fantastic 50 assorted colorful wood fun pencils for kids pencils with cartoon animal fruit erasers.
An eraser is a piece of rubber or plastic that is used as a tool for removing pencil markings from paper.
Erasers are also used to remove graphite and ink from paper in an erasable ink pen, as well as from other surfaces, such as glass and plastic.
Working with a pencil definitely requires an eraser as there is much room for mistakes when following a pattern or making a definite shape.
Hence, I will recommend, an Art Supplies List for Elementary School should have erasers in it.
I will prefer those that leave less residue and leave a surface clearer. There are different types of erasers available in the market and are not very expensive.
- 【110 HUGE PACK PUZZLE PENCIL ERASERS】：Pack of 110 simple puzzle food animal erasers toys in realistic and cute shape.Different series: Animals, Fruits, Vegetables,…
- Fun Puzzle Erasers: Pack of 130 simple puzzle toys in realistic and cute shape, each one can be taken apart and reassembled, fun to play with like a puzzle. A fabulous…
- Package Includes: 6 Erasers With Cover And Roller In 6 Different Cute Designs. Size Is 2.3 Inch x 1.2 Inch
- Size Quantity: can receive a total of 100 erasers, including 25 pumpkin mini erasers, 25 acorns erasers, 25 maple shaped erasers and 25 mini leaf erasers for kids; The erasers…
- Ideal Bulk Gift Package for Kids: Each pack contains 120 individually packaged animal erasers, including at least 40 different animal shapes, vivid and cute, with terrestrial…
3. Waterproof Pens
Waterproof pens are a type of pen that is designed to be used on paper as well as some other surfaces.
Such as glass and plastic, where ink markings would traditionally not be permanent. This makes it useful for some types of mapping and drawing.
Unlike some other types of ink pens that can be erased, these types of pens can’t be erased manually with an eraser because the ink is waterproof.
An Art Supplies List for Elementary School must have Non waterproof markers and pens as these are permanent and have more resistance to water.
Hence, at the elementary level they give a more permanent and attractive look to the artwork and can’t spoil with water.
- Product Name:3D Glossy Jelly Ink Pen.Material: plastic+gel.Pen Tip: 1.0mm.Included:6x 3D Glossy Jelly Ink Pen(6 Colors).
- 500 Time’s Repeated Use: Its technology allows you to erase everything you write with erasable pen by simply wiping with a damp cloth or using a hair dryer. It is completely…
- 🏷️ Personalize and Organize: Our Haberdashery Online adhesive labels are perfect for customizing and marking small objects like pens, pencils, toothbrushes, and more….
- 【Tattoo Pen Set】: The temporary tattoo pen set includes 10 tattoo pens in different colours and 69 tattoo stencils. The temporary tattoo pens are made of high quality…
- · Colored Pens Bulk, Premium White and simple fashion penholder Colored pens, that are truly a joy to write with. Vibrant 6 Colorful fine tip ink pens. Waterproof…
Rulers are used as a standard of measurement. Rulers come in many different sizes and vary in their accuracy.
There are many types of rulers such as metal, plastic, and wood.
One use for rulers is to measure the height and depth of something because it can be drawn on the ruler to show its depth and height.
Another use for a ruler is to measure the length and width of something because it can be drawn next to both sides to show the measurements.
Children at the elementary level cannot make straight lines so they always require a tool to make straight lines in their drawings.
Hence an Art Supplies List for Elementary School should have flexible rulers in it that are available in the market and are of different lengths. You should select one that is easy to hold.
- 7 Color Plastic Rulers: Pink, Orange, Blue, Transparent, Purple, Green, Yellow, The ruler size is 30.8 * 3 cm, measure of 12 inch/ 30 cm, Made with transparent clear plastic
- Package Includes: 6 x 12 Inch Plastic Ruler In Assorted Colors
- Package Content: You will receive 4 pcs flexible rulers come with assorted colors: red, blue, yellow and green, which can meet your multiple using needs to the utmost.
- Package Includes: You will receive 2 pieces of soft bendable rulers in a gradient colour, which can attracts students’ attention and increases their interest in learning. The…
- Acrylic Ruler: Suitable for use at home, or in the classroom, shop, or office, this scratch-resistant 12-inch ruler features a transparent body that allows for easy page…
Watercolors is a type of paint that is mixed with water and used in the painting of artwork. Watercolors can be either pure pigment or translucent.
The paint is like liquid and will easily run off the paper if it’s not properly fastened down with an adhesive spray or pape, which then allows for more washes or layers to be added.
Watercolors is the basic thing that is used widely at the elementary level. These colors are easy to handle and give a variety of shades and blend easily.
But the most important thing is to use them with a water-absorbent paper as this paper can absorb excess water and helps colors to give a smoother look.
- Mr. Pen washable watercolors include 2 sets of 8-color palettes, providing a wide range of brilliant, vibrant colors for your creative expressions.
- 3 IN 1 Perfect Paint Set—This portable watercolor paint set comes with 48 colors solid water color paints and 3 wooden brushes that don’t shed hairs. Removable transparent…
- Express your creativity through watercolor painting
- Painting encourages creative growth and inspires brilliant works of art, whether working on a school project, making signs or creating an expressive painting.
- PACK OF 12 – WATERCOLOR PAINT SETS: Each bulk order includes 12 sets of watercolor paints for kids. Every set includes 8 vibrant colors, a pallet tray, paintbrush and is…
6. Color Paper
Color paper is a type of paper that has color applied to it instead of white.
The colors are created by printing with an ink that is either colored or created with a pigment that takes on the color of the paper when it dries.
These types of papers can be used in many ways. For example, color paper is used for many types of printing such as posters and invitations.
An Art Supplies List for Elementary School should have different color papers as children like to work with different colors and these color papers give a more attractive look to a painting.
Different sizes of papers are available in the market and you should choose one that is less costly and can be handled easily.
- BULK CONSTRUCTION PAPER: 480 ct. Crayola Construction Paper, 48 pages each of the 10 colors.
- The paper wouldn’t be torn easily and curl at edges. The colors can last long time
- Sufficient Quantity: Totally 120 pieces card stock paper sheets in 12 different colors are included in a package, enough to meet your craft projects favors or daily life DIY…
- ✨【Compatible with Different Types of Pens】✨Our 118*15 inch kids painting roll is suitable for almost all coloring art supplies, such as crayons, colored pencils, gel…
- CUTE, FUN, CREATIVE ORIGAMI; For grownups, some of our fondest memories revolve around making origami as kids; Some of that simpler time can be captured by a little paper…
7. Construction Papers
Construction paper is a type of paper that is made with a thick, heavy weight and is usually used for crafting projects.
For example, construction paper can be used to make banners for holidays such as the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
Construction paper also comes in many different colors. It can also be used to make cards for special occasions such as birthdays, graduations, and many other events.
For crafting children always love crafting papers because they can fold, bend, mold, and shape them easily.
These papers are used to make cards and two-dimensional or three-dimensional objects. Hence crafting papers is the most important art supply.
- BULK CONSTRUCTION PAPER: 480 ct. Crayola Construction Paper, 48 pages each of the 10 colors.
- VIVID COLORS: Color-blocked stack of 10 bright colors that includes White, Sky Blue, Blue, Pink, Scarlet, Orange, Brown, Yellow, Green and Black.
- Heavyweight 100% vat-dyed sulphite paper is perfect for any arts and crafts project
- WHAT YOU GET: 300 pages of 9” x 12” construction paper. Comes in 10 colors, 30 sheets of each color; holiday red, white, black, pink, light green, holiday green, violet,…
Crayons are an art supply for creating visual art. They combine the effects of wax, pigment, and paper to create a wide variety of possible artistic expressions.
They are usually marketed for children to use, but they are also used by many professional artists. Crayons are made from paraffin, a type of petroleum product that consists mainly of wax.
Crayons are the most important art supply at elementary level.
Students and the teachers both love to draw and color with crayons as they give a more permanent look and are easy to hold like a pencil.
There are a variety of crayons available in the market.
Crayons have wax based so they easily mix and blend well on paper that’s why students love to use crayon then pencil colors.
- Now ultra washable! Washes from skin, clothing and now, painted walls! ColorMax colors–Crayola’s brightest, truest colors yet!
- CRAYOLA CRAYONS: Features 16 Crayola Crayons in a convenient, flip-top box.
- CRAYOLA TWISTABLES CRAYON SET: This kids coloring set includes 50 Crayola Mini Twistable Crayons that are perfect for little hands to hold and use.
- Feature smooth drawing and vibrant colors.
- NON TOXIC: Crayons have been tested and are safe for toddlers, infants, & kids (and parents!)
9. Kiln Stilts
Kiln Stilts are equally important as they help to make shapes on canvas and paper.
At elementary level students use these shapes to make different patterns, pointed metal helps to fix them on paper and they cannot move.
- Stilts strategically suspend glazed ware on the wire points (keeping pottery piece separated) and also allows air to circulate around large, flat pieces
- Sharp points leave almost no mark
- Measuring 1-3/8″ between the points, 5/8″ high to the tip of the pins, this triangular stilt has a maximum firing temperature of 2025° F (Cone 03)
- 【High Temperature Resistance】The movable support nail design is used to meet all ceramic firing works whose working temperature is below 1380 degrees Celsius.
- PACKAGE INCLUDED:1 x Ceramic Refractory Support Pad;60 x pins (other decorative items shown in pictures are not included).
Creating a supply list for an elementary school art class requires careful consideration.
An important part of this list is the palettes used to mix colors and hold paint during class.
Palettes are hard wooden, ceramic, disposable paper plates, or plastic surfaces that have been widely used by artists for centuries.
In an Art Supplies List for Elementary School, palettes are equally important as they provide a place to mix, blend and make a color of your choice.
Children at the elementary level learn to mix colors on these surfaces. I will recommend choosing one that can be easily held in hand.
- Classic artist’s studio tool for oil, acrylic or watercolor paints
- ★【Premium Paint Palette】 – It’s made of plastic high quality, sturdy, durable. Our palettes have the advantages of firm and durable structure, break-proof, smooth…
- 🎨 Premium Material – Paint tray made of molded plastic is of high quality, sturdy, durable. Our palettes have the advantages of firm and durable structure, break-proof,…
- 【PLASTIC PALETTES】The small paint pallet trays are light,made of sturdy plastic, not easy to break,smooth surface,easy to clean and avoids the problem of difficult pigment…
- 【Premium Plastic Palettes】: Paint tray made of molded white premium plastic which is sanitary,sturdy and durable.
Sometimes sponges are used in school. They may be used for many different reasons, such as cleaning dishes, bathrooms, or toys.
Some sponges are also used to clean out the classrooms. When children work with water colors.
These sponges help to absorb extra color and are used to blend color on the canvas or a paper.
There are a variety of different shapes and sizes of sponges available in the market. Sponges can be used in a variety of ways.
You can use them to mix paint or watercolor paints together on paper or canvas, dab at paint around the edges of a painting, dry wet brushes after cleaning up with turpentine and more!
They’re also useful because they soak up excess liquid from surfaces which makes clean-up much easier than using cloths or towels.
- VERSATILE SPONGE PACK – This pack includes 5 synthetic sponges for sponging on all your arts and crafts!
- Package Quantity: 1
- WHAT YOU GET: The package includes a total of 30 pieces of wooden handle round sponge brushes For painting in 4 assorted sizes. 5 pieces 1.5-inch round sponge brushes, 5…
- VALUE PACK: Natural & synthetic sponge assortment providing variety of sizes, textures and finishes. Reusable & economical.