From jewelry-making to room decor, these DIYs crafts are a great way for teenagers to express their creativity and make something unique.
Keep reading to discover the best DIYs for teens and tweens!
You might also like:
- Creative Crafts for Tweens
- Best Crafts for 11 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 10 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 9 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 8 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 7 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 6 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 5 Year Olds
- Best Crafts for 4 Year Olds
What is the meaning of DIY?
DIY stands for “do-it-yourself.” It refers to the practice of creating or repairing things on your own rather than relying on professionals or pre-made products.
DIY can range from simple projects such as painting a room or assembling furniture, to more complex projects such as building a treehouse or renovating a kitchen.
DIY is popular among those who enjoy being creative, saving money, or having more control over the final product.
The Best DIYs for Teens
Discover the best DIYs for teens! Get creative with crafts, projects, and art. Ideas to inspire your imagination and have fun.
Here are the 18 Best DIYs for Teens that they will sure love!
1. DIY Room Decor for Teens
Your bedroom is your sanctuary, and what better way to make it your own than by adding some DIY decor?
From pom-pom garlands to macrame wall hangings, there are plenty of easy and cool DIY projects for teens to decorate their rooms.
No products found.
2. DIY Room Organization
Keeping your room clean and organized is essential for a stress-free environment. Fortunately, there are plenty of easy DIY projects for teens to organize their rooms.
From creating your own drawer dividers to making a hanging jewelry organizer, you can make your own storage solutions that are both functional and stylish DIYs for Teens.
- ★PROFESSIONAL VANITY MAKEUP ORGANIZER: Made of plastic, 7 layers of adjustable trays. 360 Revolving angle makeup shelf help find cosmetics easily. This organizer contains 4-pack trays.
3. DIY Wall Art for Teens
Blank walls are a blank canvas for your creativity. You can create your own wall art with different materials such as paper, canvas, or wood.
String art and paper crafts are easy and cool DIY projects for teens to create their own wall art.
- DIY WALL COLLAGE KIT: The ultimate kit for personalizing your living space and unleashing creativity. With over 1000 pieces, including 150+ artworks, 750+ stickers, foam blocks, wall-safe tape, and an instruction booklet, you’ll have everything you need to create a beautiful collage that’s uniquely yours.
4. DIY Photo Display
If you want to showcase your favorite photos in your room, you can make your own DIY photo display.
You can create a picture frame collage with colorful paper or create a hanging photo display using clothespins or twine.
- VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL – These are DIY frames in that the clips come with screws but are unattached, which allows you to position the clips for horizontal or vertical photo display. This also gives you the flexibility to attach multiple clips or clothespins instead.
5. DIY Lighting for Teens
Lighting can set the mood in your room, and creating your own DIY lighting is easy and fun.
From creating a lampshade with different colors to making a string light decoration, you can learn how to make your own lighting projects.
- 【Colourful Design】-This Kids Night Light Lamp comes with 3 upgraded LED bulbs(white,blue,yellow), it projects much wider range and generates much brighter light. 6 modes film(starry sky, lovers in the stars, sea world, 12 constellations, happy birthday, planet).Emit 6 different light modes shining on wall(white,blue,yellow,sequential, combination and slow fading).
6. DIY Bracelets for Teens
Bracelets are a great accessory that can add some extra style to your outfit. Making your own bracelets is a fun and easy DIY project for teens.
From braided bracelets to beaded bracelets, there are plenty of DIY bracelet projects to choose from.
You can use different materials such as leather, string, or beads to create your own unique bracelets.
- GOOD QUALITY BRACELET MAKING KIT – This bracelet making kit includes beautiful gift boxes, high quality bracelets, necklaces, beads and pendants. Great for DIY.
7. DIY Earrings for Teens
Earrings are another great accessory that you can make yourself. Creating your own DIY earrings is easy and fun.
From simple studs to dangling earrings, you can use different materials such as wire, beads, or clay to create your own unique earrings.
- ✅ 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗪𝗘𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗝𝗘𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗥𝗬 – This Jewelry Making kit will provide…
8. DIY Necklace for Teens
Creating your own necklace is a great way to add some extra flair to your outfit.
You can use different materials such as chains, beads, or pendants to make your own DIY necklace.
There are plenty of easy and cool DIY necklace projects for teens to try.
- Package Include: DIY charm bracelet making kit come with 60 Pcs European big hole color beads, 40 Pcs Charm and 40 Pcs Beads Pendants, 5 Pcs love chain bracelet, 5 Necklace Cords and 1 gift box
9. DIY Friendship Bracelets
Friendship bracelets are a classic DIY project for teens. You can make your own friendship bracelets using different colors and patterns of string.
You can also create different designs such as chevrons or diamonds to make your friendship bracelets even more unique.
Friendship bracelets are not only fun to make, but they also make great gifts for your friends.
- 🌈DIY Jewelry Making Kits for Girls: Includes 12 colors of bracelet threads,12 cartoon buckles, 1 bracelet loom and step by step instructions with illustrations to make 7 different styles of bracelets. Girls will not repeat wearing within a week. Suprem quality and ideal gifts for Birthday| Christmas| Back to School| Easter| Daily Play
10. DIY Jewelry Holder
Once you’ve made your own jewelry, you need a place to store it. Making your own jewelry holder is easy and fun, and you can customize it to match your room decor.
From using a picture frame as a jewelry holder to creating a macrame jewelry organizer, there are plenty of DIY jewelry holder projects to choose from.
- 【Supper Large Capacity Jewelry Holder】Jewelry Tower Organizer is equipped with double layer jewelry storage drawer box and 6 tiers jewelry tree branches. Super large capacity for you to display and organize all necklaces, bracelets, earrings, while keeping them tangle-free.
11. DIY T-Shirt Cutting Ideas
If you have some old t-shirts lying around, why not turn them into something new and fashionable?
Cutting and tying t-shirts can create a new style that you can wear with pride.
- SCAN DRAWINGS AND MATERIALS: Brother ScanNCut is the only cutting machine series with a built-in scanner. Scan your drawing to convert it to a cut file, directly cut printed stickers, and precisely place designs without counting blocks
12. DIY Jean Shorts
Creating your own shorts from an old pair of jeans is a cool DIY project for teens. You can add different colors or textures to the shorts for a unique look.
- LET’S MAKE – Make more than you ever dreamed possible with Cricut Maker 3, the ultimate smart cutting machine. With the ability to cut more than 300 materials, and compatible with more than 13 tools to cut, score, write, deboss, engrave, and more.
13. DIY Crop Top
Crop tops are a popular fashion trend, and you can create your own with a few simple DIY steps.
You can use different fabrics and patterns to make your own unique crop top.
14. DIY Tie-Dye
Tie-dye is a classic DIY project that never goes out of style. You can use different colors and patterns to create your own tie-dye designs on t-shirts, shorts, or even socks.
- 212 Pack Tie Dye DIY Kit: Emooqi tie dye kits contain 32 Bottles(30ml/each) and 32 Bags of Tie-dye Pigment（2.2g/Per bag）, We bring plentiful kits and enough quantities such as 120pcs rubber bands to tie your garments, and 10 pair of protective gloves, 1 tablecloth and 5 aprons,10 sealed bag-disposable to keep your hands, clothes and desk cleaning. Includes step-by-step technique guide, 1 Funnel, 1 Spoon(0.5g), There are enough tie-dye supplies to create up to 50 projects, You can enjoy it.
15. DIY No-Sew Clothing
If you don’t want to sew your own clothing, there are plenty of no-sew DIY projects for teens to try.
You can create your own skirts, tops, and even dresses using fabric glue or iron-on patches.
- Chauncy, Barb (Author)
16. DIY Hair Accessories
Creating your own hair accessories is a great way to add some extra flair to your hairstyle.
From scrunchies to headbands, there are plenty of easy and cool DIY projects for teens to make their own hair accessories.
- 【You Will Get YANRONG Hair Accessories Set】：5PCS Imitation Silk Hair Scrunchies,100PCS 2.5CM Multicolor Hairband,100PCS 5CM Multicolor Hair Ties,20PCS Frosted Mini Butterfly Hair Claw,110PCS Box Disposable Rubber Band（large/small size）,2000PCS Disposable Rubber Band
17. DIY Phone Cases
Protecting your phone doesn’t have to be boring. Creating your own DIY phone case can be a fun and easy project.
You can use different materials such as washi tape, paint, or stickers to make your own personalized phone case.
- 【Compatible Models】This cute panda case is compatible with iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s / iPhone 7 / iPhone 8 / iPhone SE(2020) / iPhone SE(2022) (4.7″ Inch)
18. DIY Scrunchies
Scrunchies are back in style, and making your own is easy and fun. You can use different fabrics and patterns to create your own scrunchies that match your style.
- EXPRESS YOUR FASHION SENSE WITH D. I. Y. SCRUNCHIES: Create 12 unique scrunchies details with shimmer and rich colors to add the finishing touch to any hairstyle or outfit
DIY Crafts for Teen Girls
If you’re looking for more fun and easy DIY projects for teen girls, there are plenty of craft ideas to choose from.
You can create your own bath bombs, decorate mason jars, or even make your own string art.
Check out these top rated DIY Crafts for Teen Girls below!
- JEWELRY GETS YOUR STAMP OF APPROVAL: Make pieces that are truly your own — because only you can rock your own style best! Each necklace, keychain, or charm is customized by you to say whatever you want — spell your name, monogram, or a meaningful phrase. Each piece is so cute and adds a pop to your outfit!
- 👍 COMPLETE EARRING MAKING SUPPLIES KIT – Our Polymer Clay DIY Earring Kit includes everything needed to create 12 pairs of customized statement earrings, featuring hypoallergenic earring hooks and stainless steel earring hoops for jewelry making
- DIY Journal Kit – Nollh 48pcs DIY journal kit includes everything needed to create beautiful journal. The kit is the ultimate companion for young girls who into diary and scrapbooking. This kit offers endless possibilities. From young girls recording their thoughts and doodles to older teens exploring personal growth, it’s a delightful way to store cherished memories.
- 1 MORE SET WHEN OPEN: Includes 2 sets of journals and 2 sets of accessories to create your very own beautiful journal, the mega set for the young writer, creator, or memory gatherer. Help your children process feelings, build writing skills, and communicate their ideas.
- Kit Includes: 22 charms, 10 earring hooks, 12 jump rings, 8 looped pins, 10 large beads, ring sizers, pliers, 2 pins, many multi-colored beads, gold and silver wire, elastic cord and easy-to-follow instructions for girls ages 12 years old and up.
DIY Projects for Teenage Boys
DIY projects are not just for girls. Teenage boys can also enjoy making their own cool and unique projects.
From creating their own skateboard deck to making their own wall art, there are plenty of DIY projects for teenage boys to try.
Check out these best-selling DIY Projects for Teenage Boys below!
- Super Value Kit: Our craft kit includes everything your child needs to build and customize 4 awesome race cars. With 44 pre-cut and pre-sanded wooden pieces, 12 paint tubs in 12 vibrant colors, 3 wooden paint brushes, 4 sheets of racing stickers, and a handy wooden glue pen, creativity knows no bounds. Mini Age: 36 Months
- 🧰【 6 Set STEM Robotics Kit 】: This STEM Toys for 10 Year Old Boys includes a bubble machine, a doodling robot, a balance robot car, a fiber optic light, a reptile robot, an obstacle avoidance robot car and motor kit needed by these stem robots for kids ages 8-12. NOT INCLUDED: AA BATTERIES, BUBBLE SOLUTION.
- DIY Kids Paint Moon Crafts Kit: Cool kid art kit gift for pretty much all ages, especially for ages 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. This kids art and crafts kit includes painting moon (diameter 12cm), plastic base, 12 paint Pots, 5 stamp sticks, 1 pigment tray, 2 paint brushes, with plastic stand. To draw any elements with your preference, DIY Crafts Kits no limitation. Rich colors to make your own night characteristic.
- Complete Playset – This dragon toy painting kit contains 3 paintable dragons with wings, 4 brushes, 13 cans of watercolor paint, 2 palettes, 3D castle scene, acrylic crystal gems, instructions and 1 gift box. All in one set, let the kids feel happy in the process of graffiti.
- DIY STICKER FACTORY: Run your personal puffy sticker workshop! Choose from over 60 designs, color them to your liking, or use the pre-colored versions for quick sticker creations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Searching for fun DIYs for teens? Get creative with our range of crafts, projects, and art!
Check out our FAQs for answers to all your questions.
What crafts do 11 year olds like?
Eleven-year-olds enjoy a wide range of crafts such as painting, drawing, jewelry-making, and knitting. They also love creating their own room decor and accessories.
What DIY should I make?
There are many DIY projects you can make, from creating your own jewelry to making your own room decor.
It depends on your interests and skills. Some popular DIY projects include tie-dye, macrame, and embroidery.
How to make cute crafts for girls?
To make cute crafts for girls, you can try making pom-pom garlands, friendship bracelets, or decorating mason jars.
You can also create your own hair accessories such as scrunchies or headbands.
What are some fun crafts to do when bored?
When you’re bored, you can try making your own slime, creating your own artwork, or decorating your room with DIY decor.
You can also experiment with different types of crafts such as knitting, crocheting, or sewing.
What are the 13 crafts?
The 13 crafts refer to the traditional crafts of China, which include calligraphy, painting, pottery, embroidery, and woodworking, among others.
What is crafts in high school?
Crafts in high school typically refer to art classes that teach various techniques such as drawing, painting, and sculpture.
Students can also learn how to create their own jewelry, pottery, or textiles.
What is the most searched DIY?
The most searched DIY varies depending on the time of year and current trends.
Some popular DIYs include home decor, gardening, and organization.
What DIY sells the most?
DIYs that sell the most include handmade jewelry, personalized mugs or cups, and custom t-shirts.
Other popular items include home decor, phone cases, and tote bags.
What can I make easy crafts?
You can make easy crafts such as friendship bracelets, painted rocks, or paper crafts.
You can also try making your own bookmarks, keychains, or magnets.
What is cheaper to make homemade?
Homemade items such as cleaning products, candles, and personal care items are often cheaper to make at home compared to store-bought versions.
Other items such as clothing and accessories can also be cheaper to make at home, especially if you use recycled materials.
Can DIY make money?
Yes, DIY can make money. You can sell your handmade items on platforms such as Etsy or at local craft fairs.
You can also offer your services such as graphic design or sewing to others for a fee.
Does DIY really save money?
Yes, DIY can save money if you use materials you already have or if the cost of making something is less than the cost of buying it.
However, sometimes the cost of materials and the time it takes to make something may outweigh the savings.
Wrapping Up DIY’s for Teens
In conclusion, DIY’s for Teens are a great way for tweens to express their creativity and make something unique.
With the help of tutorials and easy-to-make craft projects, teens can create cool and fun crafts that make great gifts or decorations.
From friendship bracelets to pom-pom garlands, there are plenty of ideas for teens to explore.
DIY crafts not only look great, but they are also a fun and engaging way to spend your free time.
So, whether you’re looking for cute DIY ideas or cool crafts to try, there’s a DIY project for everyone.
From easy DIY’s for Teens crafts to more challenging craft projects, the possibilities are endless.
If you like this article DIY’s for Teens and would like to know more, please comment below.