Many scientific researches were conducted to evaluate arts impact on human development. Facts about Arts, according to new research in the field of brain development and growth it was observed that art promotes brain development, social interaction and creativity. Art is perfect for having fun and spending leisure time in a more suitable way. Some people choose painting as their hobbies to spend their free time they use to express their imaginations on canvas.
Others make sculptures to boost their self confidence as art teaches problem solving skills.
What are ten interesting facts about arts?
There are some interesting facts about the arts that have been proved by research in the field of human development and brain growth. I am writing ten facts here:
- Art enhances reading and improves math.
- Artists observe nature more accurately than normal peoples and they can interact with natural surroundings and peoples more healthily than normal peoples.
- Art improves learning in children as their cognitive skills grow.
- Art teaches teamwork and people learn to work with others.
- Art enhances problem solving skills as there are many solutions to one problem.
- Art teaches to use the useless to create a masterpiece, artists learn to utilize scrap to craft a new thing.
- “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls”, Pablo Picasso.
- Artists can express their feelings in a more encouraging way through art.
- Art keeps you physically and mentally fit.
- Art work remained alive for centuries while artists left the world, as paintings of Mona Lisa still preserve but the artist left the world.
What is weird art?
Why can someone do that? Why is it made? What is expressed in it? Why do artists do so? Weird art is the one which stimulates these questions in the viewer’s mind. All those arts that can make someone think and arouse the feelings that why artists do so? Are named as weird arts. Artists go beyond the norms and create something against ethics and nature.
All artists are unique and have their own views about nature that they express through their artwork. Some artists go against the norms and natural phenomena create something extraordinary that instigate the mind of the observer.
Five most Weird arts
Weird arts instantly grasp attention and motivate others through some extraordinary expressions. The artist actually want to express the bad things in our society, as their are numerous painting in history that are named as weird art here I would like to name five most weird arts:
- Goya’s Saturn devouring his son(1819-1823)
This very art gives me goosebumps, as it presented the hilarious prophecy about the Greek God Saturn that he was told once that he will be killed by one of his children so he killed them to not let them commit the sin. This painting was made by Goya where a man is presented eating a child. This painting is very symbolic as Goya shows reality in the creepiest manner.
- Caravaggio’s Medusa (1597)
We have heard about many fairy tales and are familiar with creatures like witches. Medusa’s character is almost similar to those in fairy tales. She is a woman without hairs but Caravaggio presents snakes on her head as her hair. This painting was made in 1597 and is called the most weird painting because of the very character of women with numerous and is the most attention seeker.
Carravaggio presented a mythical creature who has the power to turn a man into a stone if one looks into her eyes.
- Hans Mimmling’s Hell (1485)
This very painting will grasp your attention as it presents a person in hell because of his sins, those who know Catholicism and have understanding of hell will understand the painting and Hans Mimmling point of view about Hell.
Hans Mimmling has created many paintings that present hell and the punishment one will suffer in hell because of his own sin.
I think it is also a very weird painting that calls for attention.
- Hans Holbein’s The Ambassadors (1533)
Hans Holbein’s The Ambassador is full of symbolism as apparently there is nothing so weird in this painting but when we closely observe it we can see a skull in between the both figures that really give you goosebumps. We can consider it the most weird painting of 1953.Holbein spent most of his life in England. His work became famous because of an awkwardly presented skull
against the painting. This skull was viewed by anyone standing in both directions but not directly from the front of the painting.
- Salvadors Dali’s the face of war(1940)
Peace and war go side by side since the beginning of the world and Salvadors presented the horror of war in his painting where he shows a horrible skull. It is the most weird painting that has symbolic meanings as in this masterpiece he presented skulls within a skull.
These were some horrible yet weird paintings that stimulated viewers’ minds and called attention. Still found in museums calling visitors to listen to their unheard voices. Artist through these arts have expressed their feelings more openly.
Facts about famous weird artists?
- Salvador’s Dali consider himself as his elder brother who died nine month before he was born and who shares his name and his parents told him that his brother rebirth in him. Hence Salvador presented his brother in many of his paintings.
- Fransisco Goya was rejected twice to enter in Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Madrid, after rejection he went to Italy and when he came back in 1971 he befriended an artist who hopefully had a membership at Royal academy so he became helpful in securing his admission to Royal Academy of Fine Arts. five years after his admission the Academy appointed Goya as a Deputy Director of painting and after three years he was appointed as a royal painter of king Charles in 1786.
- Henry Holbein artistic style was inspired by Gothic art and religion, he was also inspired by many political movements of his age. Henry Holbein’s father was also a painter but Henry paintings became masterpieces specially those which he created during King Henry reign.
- Caravaggio was a prolific artist although he died young at the age of 38 yet he produces masterpieces. He had a short temper and got involved in many conflicts. Eleven times in his life he was taken to the court of the crimes. He was once accused of killing a man in a dispute. Caravaggio spent his later years of life in Exile.
- Hans Mimmling was a German born artist who created most of his paintings with oil points to give his painting the most realistic view. He produced most of his paintings for church and many of them were displayed in the art museum of Newyork.
What are the scientific facts about art?
Artists are visionary. They see things more clearly than normal people even more than a scientist does. Their paintings show the reality of things and give a clear viewpoint about the facts of time and space. They present reality and even depicts the future through their masterpieces.
Leonardo DI vinci portrays the anatomy of humans in a more realistic way as his drawing of the human spine gives a more clearer view of the human spine that scientists search after him.
It is admitted that Leonardo heart drawings portray hearts most accurately. Heart surgeon Francis Well appreciated his drawing of hearts that according to him are more realistic than those presented in textbooks of anatomy. It was Leonardo who presented the heart with four chambers that were researched after him.
The starry night by Vincent Van Gogh that is displayed in the museum of modern art in new York was made when the artist was admitted in a hospital to cure his mental illness.
He in this painting shows the movement of wind through the stroke of brush in a more symmetrical way.
It is right to say that artists paved the way to investigate the truth behind each phenomena of life. They are visionary people who see the reality of things in a more real way.
Impact of art on human brain
Neuroscience believes that art helps in the growth of the brain. There is a strong connection between creativity and cognitive development.
Children in preschool age are inclined toward arts that prepare them for schooling, those who love creativity have sharp minds and they learn things more easily than those who do not like creativity.
Adults easily socialize if they take interest in creating things, art inventions help to boost confidence and they are more optimistic and show good behaviour.
Artists are sensitive people and are more observant than others; they are more sympathetic and sentimental. They easily understand others point of view so are less quarrelsome.
It is healthy to involve children at early ages in art activities as it helps their brain neurons to function more accurately.
Artists have healthy brains as art gives their brain an outlet to express their good and bad feelings, as “ in every work of art the artist himself is present”- Chrestian Morgenstern.
Art makes the artist happy as they express their anger, frustration, dilemmas through their arts and as a result they feel extreme happiness, and remain no more aggressive.
“Art is something that makes you breathe with a different kind of happiness”- Annie Albers.
Artists present the true picture of reality as they paint what they feel good or bad, sometimes they create weird arts as they see indifference, injustice and cruelty in the world that they want to change and through their art work they make people realize their faults.
Art has the power to change reality, art has the power to transform. They have courage and strength to go against the norms and are not diplomatic; they express what they observe without a fear of being hanged for creating such a rebellious art.
Why is art important for students?
Art gives an outlet to the sudden feelings hence art helps to give relief from stress, by encouraging students to make art you are actually fascinating them to learn more actively.
Arts help students to grasp science facts and math formulas more easily and enhance their academic progress.
Children are creative by birth and are more curious in doing new things and learning new facts. Art activities help them to explore the world, observe different phenomena of nature and express them in their work.
Why we love arts and crafts?
Why we love arts and crafts? We love arts and crafts beacause they are enjoyed by people of all ages. For kids, crafts can be a fun and creative way to spend an afternoon. For adults crafting can be a relaxing hobby or a chance to express their creativity. Arts and crafts can also be used to DIY projects around the house or to create decor for your home.
Arts can be as simple as painting a picture or as complicated as building a piece of furniture. No matter what your skill level, there is an arts and craft project that is perfect for you. So why not try your hand at arts and crafts today? You might just find that you have a hidden talent for artful creation!
How can we encourage art in students?
We can encourage children to be creative, express their feelings through art. There are a number of ways that can help to encourage them to create new things. It’s a challenge to bring today’s students toward the world of art. Here are some suggestions to motivate them.
- Make a space for them where they can create their own world, draw or paint.
- Try to provide them with art stuff.
- Announce a reward for their creativity.
- Read the books about how to draw and paint in front of them so that they feel that drawing and painting is a very useful activity.
- Take them to an art museum that shows the work of other renowned artists and tell them their motivational stories.
- Try to exhibit their art in an exhibition or arrange one for them where they feel happy to display or hang their own creations.
- Do not compare their work with others. You are a facilitator not a judge, let the child express his feelings as he likes.
It is a fact that art helps us to grow in a more healthy way. We can express our aggression, happiness, frustration and feelings of grief through our creations. We should encourage the children in their early years to take interest in art whatever they create, let them express their feelings without any fear. Motivate the beginners to express their true colors. Learning to be creative is an adventurous journey where you can make mistakes, face failures but a man is who faces these obstacles with open arms as we are all life long learners.
If you like this article and would like to know more, please comment below.