Looking for an easy and fun way to spend a day with the kids? Check out these fun crafts that will keep them entertained for hours! Among them are slime and fairy jars, both of which are super easy to make.
What is Slime?
Slime is a viscous, gooey material that is made up of polymers. These polymers are long, chain-like molecules that are cross-linked together. This gives slime its characteristic stretchiness and stickiness. Slime can be made from a variety of different materials, including water, glue, food coloring, and Borax.
Slime: The Perfect Activity for Messy Kids
Slime is such a fun and popular science activity right now! It’s also super messy, which makes it the perfect complement to any slime-loving kid. The concept of slime can be found in nature – in dew ponds and animal secretions – where tiny organisms called bacteria combine to create a mucilaginous substance.
Slime – It’s not just for fun, it’s educational too!
Slime is also an excellent way to get kids interested in science and engineering. There are so many creative ways to play with slime, from creating your very own homemade version, or using the ready-made products available at most supermarkets. Here are some of our favorite indoor activities with slime, from easy to more advanced projects:
Slime Ingredients Needed for Indoor Activities
Slime recipe ingredients can be found in the supermarket. The following ingredients will help you to make a slime with the perfect consistency:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
Fun Slime Activities for Kids
Here are 4 amazing slime activities to try at home or for a party!
1. Slime Experiment Kit
This slime experiment kit makes it easy to make your own slime, and the instructions are included with the kit. It’s a fun way to bond with your kids over a common interest, and it can be a great science activity.
2. Slime Balloons
Slime is so sticky that you can stick it on anything! For this activity, take a balloon and fill it up with slime until it starts to overflow. Be sure not to pop the balloon while you’re putting the slime in – just let it get really full before you seal up the opening.
Then, use your hand to stretch open the balloon opening and squeeze out as much of the slime onto any surface as possible without popping! You can use this technique on a piece of paper or even on another balloon for another round of fun!
3. Slime-Coated Ice Cubes
Take ice cubes and dip them into some slime before sticking them onto their spots on an upside-down clear glass dish. This slime-covered ice cube tray makes cool-looking gelatinous ice cubes for a cool summer snack or drinks.
4. Colorful Slime
One of the easiest ways to make slime is by using a food coloring. You can use your favorite colors, or try out some new ones that you’ve never heard of before.
How to Make Glitter Slime
If your child is already a master of slime, you can make your own homemade slimy mixture using food coloring and other ingredients. Note: This project requires a lot of time and patience.
- Mix 2 cups of water with 1/2 cup of cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Take 1/4 cup each of clear corn syrup and liquid starch or glue (you could use Elmer’s Glue All)
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin, red food coloring, green food coloring, blue food coloring, yellow food coloring and white school glue
- Mix into the cornstarch slurry until it becomes clear slime again.
- Add in glitter or more colored paint if desired
- Stir in well to get an even coloration throughout the slime mixture.
- Pour into silicone molds with a spoon or pour mixture over silicone beads for even distribution!
- Allow to dry completely and enjoy!
How to Make Sticky Slime Without Elmers glue
When you want to make slime without elmers glue, the easiest way is to use borax and water. Just mix some borax in a bowl of water, mix it up and start adding in your food coloring and glitter. You can add any other ingredients that you might want to use for texture, but food coloring and glitter are the best for making this slime!
Jelly fish slime is a great way to get kids interested in science. This project is so easy, but it’s also fun. You can use the ready-made jellyfish slime available at most supermarkets, or you can make your own with a few simple ingredients. All you need to do is combine three tablespoons of clear glue, 2 tablespoons of salt, and 1 tablespoon of borax (if using store-bought jellyfish slime). Pour the solution into an empty 5 ounce plastic bottle and watch as it turns into slimy goodness!
If you have some fish slime, you can use a drinking straw to create interesting designs. The colors of the slime will depend on the temperature of the water from which it is made.
Rainbow slime is a fun and easy way to make your own rainbow slime.
- All you need is white glue, water, and food coloring in various colors.
- To make it easier, start with white glue (and not liquid starch) so that the slime doesn’t start to dry out as soon as you put it on the paper.
- To keep your slime soft and stretchy, add glycerin or corn syrup in small amounts until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Don’t worry if you accidentally use more than one color at a time – the mixture will still be colorful!
Did you know that fairies live in flowers and trees? They are known as the Little People, and they like to hide from humans. But fairies are also friendly creatures who love playing with children. So, we can say that they are our friends as well and they enjoy being around us too.
Kids are often full of curiosity
If you have a little kid at home, then you most likely know what we’re talking about here. Little kids are often full of curiosity and love playing games with their parents. They will never get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. It allows them to explore their world more thoroughly.
Creative activities like fairy crafts and fairy jar crafts are always a good idea for little ones because they help them learn how to be creative as well as develop their motor skills at the same time. In this article, we’ll be sharing some fun fairy crafts that your child can do at home with you or alone. These activities will help them have fun while learning new things at the same time!
What is a Fairy Jar?
A Fairy Jar is a jar filled with small objects that are believed to be used by fairies. Some common objects that are placed in a Fairy Jar are acorns, leaves, flowers, and berries.
Make a Fairy Sandcastle
This is a very easy fairy craft that you can do at home with your child. All you need to make this fairy sandcastle is a small container, some sand and some colorful items that they love.
- First, start by putting a layer of sand over the top of the container.
- Then, use your colored items to create some shapes and patterns in the sand.
- You can also add things like shells or rocks for extra texture.
- Once you’re done making the shapes in the sand, sprinkle more sand on top of it to cover everything up completely.
- This will help mask any colors or patterns that are visible from outside the container so it will be harder for anyone else to see them as well!
Make a Fairy Garden
One of the best ways to learn about fairies is by making a fairy garden. If your child loves flowers and plants, then they will definitely be into this project. There are many different ways you can make a fairy garden with different materials. For example, you can make one out of paper or make flowers out of clay. Let your imagination run wild!
Make a Fairy Tutu Dress
This is a creative craft that your child can do at home. It’s a great way to exercise her imagination and you can have fun learning how to sew as well. To make this dress, she will need the following:
- A piece of fabric (1 yard) -Wool or yarn for the tutu (1/2 – 2 yards)
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Glue gun
- Pencil or pen
- Pins or safety pins
- To start, your child will need to cut out a pattern from the fabric.
- She will need to use either a pencil or pen for this.
- If she doesn’t feel comfortable drawing it herself, then you can help her with it and guide her through it.
- Once she has drawn the pattern, she will need to pin it onto the fabric so that it doesn’t get messed up while she is sewing.
- Next, your child will need to use the glue gun to glue on all of the different pieces of yarn that are going to make up the tutu.
- Once they are all glued on, she will need to use one needle and thread or sew them together with a sewing machine.
- This is an important step because if your child uses needle and thread, then they won’t be able to undo their work! Keep in mind
Make a Fairy Crown
Fairy crowns are a great craft for your child to do because they will learn how to shape and create something from nothing. In order to make this fairy crown, you’ll need a circle of paper and some flowers. Start with the paper by folding it in half so that it creates a cone shape. Then, use several pieces of the folded cone to create the crown’s base. After that, start adding flowers onto the base until you have a finished fairy crown!
Mix and Match Fairy Shapes Craft
This is a fun craft for your child to make. They will have a blast with this one! Here’s what you need:
- A jar with lid
- Small rocks or beads
- Pipe cleaners
- String or yarn
- Colored markers or crayons
- Glue sticks
Here are the steps:
- 1) Thread the pipe cleaners onto the string in an alternating pattern on your jar lid.
- 2) Cut out each shape and glue them onto the top of your jar lid in any order you want.
- 3) Let your kids color them however they want and add details like wings, antennae, faces, etc.
- 4) Then decorate your jar as desired and make it look like a fairy’s home!
Make Your Own Fairy Wings
If you want your own personal fairy, then make your own wings. Your child will learn how to fold paper into wings and then decorate them with paint or glitter. The ten-minute craft is perfect for kids who are still learning how to use scissors.
The next step is to add a pair of eyes with a permanent marker and some stickers (optional). Once your child has finished the wings, they can attach them onto the jar lid.
You can also add pipe cleaners, sequins, rhinestones and feathers to the fairy’s face as well!
For example, if you have a small jar lid that is about three inches in diameter, then you can use one pipe cleaner for each eye and two sticks for the nose. You can also use two buttons for the ears. In order to create a longer nose, you may need more than one stick, but it will depend on what kind of glue you are using.
Fun Crafts Kits for Kids
Looking for fun and educational crafts to do with your kids? Here are some great craft kits that will keep them entertained while they learn.
Allow your kids fun with crafts if they love painting colors. This set comes with eight acrylic paint pots and your kids will love it because it contains extra-flair too. Let them decorate your fridge with art and paint magnet. It is suitable for children from 7 years to 12 years. Buy Now: Fridge Magnet Set
- Comes with 3 tiles shape
- DIY magnet art
- Suitable for children of all ages
- Adds extra flair
- Comes with paintable magnets
- Only painting activity
Let your child discover the magic of science and nature with this product. Make your Terrarium and wait for glow and enjoy the fun with crafts. The kit contains the material that helps them grow their Terrarium. It is entirely safe and secure for your children. Shop Here: Terrarium Kit
- Suitable for the children of 6 plus ages
- DIY projects
- Scientific science kit for children
- Comes with different accessories
- Safe and secure for children
- Not suitable for small kids
Let your fairy to make a non-stop fairy fun. She will love the fairy lantern with an LED lid that makes her night dreamier. It can adorn your baby girl’s room. It is ideal for summer break, sleepovers, lazy weekends, and many more. It is one of the best fun crafts with kids. Shop Now: Fairy Lantern
- Comes with LED lids
- Non-stop fairy fun
- Offers Instant smiles at the bet time
- Excellent gift for a 6-12 years birthday girl
- 3AAA batteries
- Not more things to craft
Let your child be a scientist of the day with these 20 plus fun kit. It comes with a lab coat and safety glasses that will make him feel like a scientist and doing wonder. So, this is a type of fun-based learning, and children many things about science. Learn More: Kids Science Kit
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Science projects of experiments
- Comes with different accessories
- Easy to handle and safe for children
- Offers creative and educational fun
- Good for older children
Keep your child busy for hours by using this painting kit. It comes with several accessories to improve their cognitive skills. It is an educational-based learning kit that allows fun crafts with kids. Buy Here: Rock Painting Kit
- Can be a perfect gift
- Offers educational learning
- Comes with a variety of accessories
- A complete children art kit
All these are easily available online and, in the market,, for you, it becomes easy to select a high-quality and appropriate item for your child. In the above-mentioned text, you will have learned that which fun crafts for kids are suitable for your child as per their age. Make their home-time more creative and entertaining with these items.
Best Slime Kits
There is no child in this world, who does not love slime. You need to know that there are two ways in which slime crafts are used. It is in liquid form and the other is dry. The majority of the people use these slimes for crafting new things, and it offers fun to kids and elders too. You can buy the best Elmer’s slime kit and have a good time with your children. Some of the best and innovative best slime kits are here.
This is one of the best kits that is slime livers essential. It is ideal for the girls and makes them busy with different designs, mixtures, and colors. This is the slime kit that offers unlimited fun and excitement. This famous slime is ideal to use with a fishbowl, jelly cube, and cloud or foam.
- Comes with a 100% guarantee
- Good for kids to bring out their creativity
- Comes with a variety of textures, unicorn beads and glue
- 100% safe slime
- Not in a dry form
Make more things with a slime recipe. So, your child is busy playing slime available in this kit. This is a safe and secure kit that contains glitter glue, translucent glue, changing glue, color-changing glue, and many more. Its magical formula is ideal for offering a variety of activities to children.
- Suitable for children of three years
- Comes with non-toxic, washable, and safe liquid glue
- Easy to use
- Comes with different accessories
Have unlimited fun with this slime kit. This is ideal for the majority of the children including boys and girls. It can be a perfect gift for a birthday baby. So, all slime ingredients are safe and sound for the children.
- Comes with different accessories
- 12 color clear crystal slime
- Eco-friendly material, safe and washable
- Not suitable for small children
This jumbo slime kit is entirely safe for your adults and kids. It comes with 4 sugar paper accessories, 4 fruit slices, 6 air dry clays, and foam balls. There are many things that you can craft with these slime ingredients. The majority of the children like it for its variety of activities in crafting that it offers.
- Develops motor hands-on skill
- Safe and secure for all
- Eco-friendly ingredients
- Safe material
- Can be sticky sometimes
It is suitable for children over seven years. The ice cream parlor Slime kit is amazing with a slime recipe. You will definitely love it. This kit allows you to create the best Ice Cream slime as per your imagination and mind’s creativity.
- Comes with a variety of color
- Eco-friendly material
- Non-toxic and safe for use
- Washable and easy to handle
Best Fairy Jar
Decorate your home with these fairy jars. These light jars are adorable for your home decor. The LED energy is sufficient to meet the worldwide energy requirements for a year. These jars contain LED lights inside it. The LED is an amazing light energy. In this way, utilizing LED lights is a smart thought. You will love these items due to their beauty and efficiency. Some of the high-quality items are given here.
This unit is available with a clear cable and it allows it to hide easily. The lantern contains low-voltage and it makes it inexpensive to run. The LED bulb is ideal to save it from getting heat up. Therefore, this item is safe for long-term use.
- This product is designed with a gentle formula.
- These are waterproof led lights.
- Comes with two-packs
- AAA batteries
- Indoor only
The fairy Mason jar lights are adorable and this unit is ideal for its beauty. Make your evening more beautiful with this product because its LED bulb in the jar is highly safe because it does not get warm after a short time. It is an easy to use item that allows simple operation.
- Durable and compact
- Hang anywhere
- No Battery powered
It comes with two custom design sheets and 3 jars. It can be a wonderful bedroom light because of the low lights. So, you can use it in the corridor area. The LED bulb is safe for long-term use. It is adorable and can be used for home decor too.
- It is the product that is highly affordable.
- It gives a healthier and refreshes feel.
- effective and impressive smile
- not suitable for outdoor use
You will love this fairy lantern for its benefits because it boasts DIY ideas for décor including ribbons, dies cuts, 3 jars, and many more. For the majority of the users, this is the most suitable item to hang on the Christmas tree. Moreover, you can use it in your kid’s room too.
- It is easy and quite simple to use.
- LED lights are that it saves your money.
- No need to spend on different killing products.
- Good for health
- Suitable for indoor
The spectacular combination of fairy lantern and unicorn with a DIY kit makes it ideal for girls. It comes with a unique and perfect craft project. So, you can present it to your 4 years kid. This craft is easy to make with two lantern kits, ribbons, glue, LED bulbs, and many other things.
- Easy to control
- Low energy
- Three flashing modes
- It is lightweight and durable.
- Formed with no chemicals.
- A bit expensive
In conclusion, both fairy jar crafts and slime crafts are perfect for kids. They are easy to make, and kids will enjoy playing with them. If you are looking for a fun craft to do with your kids, consider making one of these crafts.