The festive season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than by diving into some delightful Christmas crafts with our school-age kids?
As an art teacher who adores both the magic of Christmas and the joy of crafting with children.
You might also like:
- Christmas Paper Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Crafts
- Christmas Handprint Craft
- Christmas Toilet Paper Crafts
What are Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids?
Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids refers to a range of artistic and creative activities specifically designed for children in the school-going age group, centered around the festive theme of Christmas.
These crafts often incorporate elements like Santa Claus, reindeer, snowflakes, Christmas trees, and other holiday symbols.
Tailored to be age-appropriate, engaging, and educational for kids, helping them celebrate the holiday season while also developing their fine motor skills, creativity, and understanding of the cultural significance of Christmas.
Printable Christmas Crafts for Kids
We have compiled a list of easy to print and create Christmas crafts for kids that they will love.
See photos of the crafts made by actual children along with step-by-step instructions.
Each craft is easy-to-follow and perfect for little hands. Get started today with our printable Christmas craft templates.
1. Santa Claus Arts and Crafts
With Christmas around the corner, it’s time to get into the holiday spirit by creating fun and festive paper art!
Santa Claus paper craft is a perfect way to celebrate the season with family and friends.
This easy-to-make template is perfect for Santa Claus craft preschool activities.
Paper Christmas ideas is sure to bring a bit of winter joy.
2. Paper Plate Santa Craft
Enjoy Christmas Cheer with Santa Claus Paper Plate Crafts.
Get into the holiday spirit and create a fun, festive craft with paper plate activity printable template!
Make your own Santa Claus crafts to display around the house or give as a gift.
Perfect for the classroom or at home.
3. The Grinch That Stole Christmas Craft
Creative Crafters Celebrate Christmas with Grinch Craft.
Get into the holiday spirit and create a fun craft inspired by the classic Dr. Seuss story, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
With this easy-to-follow guide, make your own Grinch-themed decorations to add some extra cheer to your home this holiday season.
4. Dr. Seuss Grinch Paper Plate Craft
Enjoy the classic Dr. Seuss story of The Grinch with this fun and easy paper plate craft!
This festive and fun Dr. Seuss Grinch Paper Plate Craft is an easy-to-make holiday craft project for kids of all ages!
5. Paper DIY Ornaments
Students will love making unique Holiday Paper DIY Ornaments! Make your decorations special this year with paper ornaments!
With just paper, ornament template and a few craft supplies, you can easily create beautiful ornament crafts.
6. Paper Plate Ornaments
Make your holiday season extra special with this fun and creative paper plate ornament craft activity!
Perfect for getting the family together, this festive craft project is simple and entertaining for all ages.
7. Snowman Paper Craft
Snowman Paper Craft is a fun and easy activity for teachers to do with their students.
This craft is perfect for the holiday season or any other time of year that you want to get creative!
It’s a great way to make learning exciting and fun by bringing an interactive element into the classroom.
8. Paper Plate Snowman Craft
This Paper Plate Snowman Craft is a fun and festive activity for teachers and students alike to get into the holiday spirit!
This craft combines creativity and structure, as the template provides all the necessary pieces for kids to create their own personalized snowman.
9. Christmas Tree Construction Paper Craft
This Christmas season, bring out the construction paper and scissors for some festive crafting fun!
This easy-to-follow Christmas Tree Craft will keep your students busy and engaged in a creative activity.
All you need is a few sheets of colorful construction paper, some scissors and glue.
10. Christmas Tree Paper Plate Craft
Are you looking for a fun and easy Christmas craft for the kids this holiday season?
Look no further than this creative Christmas Tree Paper Craft activity!
Perfect for classrooms or at-home family activities, these crafty paper trees will keep students entertained as they get into the festive spirit.
11. Elf Paper Craft
Elf Paper Craft is a fun and creative activity for students of all ages.
It provides an opportunity to design, build and assemble a unique paper elf that can be displayed as an ornament or decoration.
This craft is easy to do with budget-friendly materials and a simple printable template.
12. Elf Paper Plate Craft
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft project to do with your kids, look no further than this Elf Paper Plate Craft.
This Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids activity is perfect for children of all ages and can be used as an exciting art class project.
13. Gingerman Paper Craft
Gingerman Paper Craft is the perfect art project for families, students, and teachers.
You can create a fun and unique paper craft with this easy-to-follow printable template.
This DIY project encourages creativity as you make your own 3D gingerbread man from construction paper, markers, and other simple materials.
14. Gingerbread Man Paper Plate Craft
Do you feel like your child is missing out on the joy of being a kid?
Creating memories and crafting something with their own hands?
Would you like to motivate them to have fun while unleashing their creativity?
Introducing our Gingerbread Man Paper Plate Craft – a fun, engaging activity designed to spark imaginations and bring laughter into homes.
15. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Paper Craft
Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is a beloved Christmas classic that can now be brought to life with this fun and easy Rudolph paper craft!
Perfect for arts and craft-loving families, this printable template makes it simple to create your own personalized version of the iconic character.
16. Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer Paper Plate Craft
Looking for a fun and easy arts and crafts project to do with your family, students or even your classroom?
Try this Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer paper plate craft! Enjoy this Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids and have fun!
17. Mrs. Claus Paper Craft
Mrs. Claus Paper Craft is the perfect activity for families, teachers, and students who are looking to add some artsy fun to their holidays!
This do-it-yourself project is easy enough for kids to make with a little help from Mom or Dad and brings a festive touch to any home or classroom.
18. Mrs. Santa Claus Paper Plate Craft
Do you want to get creative with your family Arts and Crafts?
Then the Mrs. Santa Claus Paper Plate Craft is perfect for you!
This easy DIY craft can be enjoyed by students, teachers, and families alike.
With just a few simple supplies from home, anyone can make this fun holiday craft together in the classroom or at home!
19. Christmas Stocking Paper Craft
Christmas stocking paper craft is a fun and easy way to get the family together for some arts and crafts.
A great project for DIYers, students, teachers and classrooms, this holiday-themed paper craft is an excellent opportunity to bring everyone together.
20. Christmas Stocking Paper Plate Craft
This Christmas stocking paper plate craft is a fun craft for kids for Christmas.
It’s a great project for kids to hang out with their parents or a family member.
You might even have the kids do this with their friends.
This project is easy and inexpensive so it’s also a great project for kids on a budget.
Best Christmas Arts and Crafts for Kids
Dive into the festive spirit with our curated collection of the best Christmas arts and crafts for kids.
From sparkling ornaments to cheerful Santa creations, these activities promise not only fun-filled hours but also treasured keepsakes for years to come.
Let’s make this holiday season the most creative one yet!
- HOLIDAY WINDOW ART KIT – Celebrate, create, and decorate this Christmas or Holiday season with sparkly DIY window art! Great…
- 7 HOLIDAY DESIGNS – This complete craft comes with enough materials to make 7 fun and festive holiday window stickers!…
- SIMPLE CRAFT ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS – Making your own window clings has never been easier! Simply fill in the foam foil outlines…
- HOLIDAY CRAFT KITS – Great for parties, family fun or independent play! Making DIY window art is a great craft activity for…
- Package Includes: you will get 48 pieces of Christmas stockings craft kits with stickers in 6 different styles, 8 of each…
- DIY Fun: the Christmas tree stockings with stickers can foster children’s creative expression as they create customized…
- Safe Quality: the Christmas stockings ornaments are made of quality material, safe and odorless, reliable and not fade, and…
- Colorful Design: the Xmas hanging stockings crafts are designed with many kinds of Christmas elements, such as Santa Claus,…
- Package includes: you will get 12 pieces of foam photo frames (without glue, they can not self-stick), 200 pieces of glitter…
- Foam photo frame craft kit: the foam photo frames come with green and red, the outer diameter of the frame is 7×4.7…
- Delicate Christmas elements: these foam stickers are made of excellent foam material, safe and reliable, and it is easy for…
- Magnet stick: you just need to tear off the back glue of magnet, and then stick it on the foam frame, finally, the delicate…
- CHRISTMAS CRAFT KIT: Celebrate the season with fun holiday crafts for kids! Great for the entire family, this Christmas craft…
- CHRISTMAS CRAFTS FOR KIDS: The ideal Christmas craft kit for kids ages 6-8! Everything you need is included in this complete…
- CHRISTMAS ARTS AND CRAFTS: Unleash your creativity with colorful diamond dots! Diamond Dots are mess-free with no glue…
- CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES: Deck the halls this season with the ultimate Christmas activities for kids! The craft kit for kids has…
- Package includes 12 Christmas ornaments, 2 brushes, 12 paints and 12 satin ribbons.
- Ornaments are made of resin. Each piece measures approx 3″ X 3″.
- Paints are washable, you can create new ornaments every year.
- Ideal holiday activity for kindergarten, church groups, Sunday School and day cares.
- FOIL ART & CRAFT ACTIVITY: Let your child’s imagination soar with this magical, mess-free foil art and craft activity. They…
- INCLUDES: 100+ Colorful Foam Stickers, 100 Colorful Foil Sheets, 10 Picture Canvases, Googly Eyes and an Instruction Manual.
- EASY TO USE: Select a picture canvas, apply sparkly foil sheets using the included stickers, and watch the picture come to…
- AWARD-WINNING TOY: Skillmatics Foil Fun has received The Toy Insider’s Top Summer Toy 2023 award and is also a finalist for…
- Interesting party game: this foam Christmas tree is very suitable for playing an interesting game at Christmas party,…
- The package contains 12 foam stickers, which are enough for you to create different styles of decorations, and do all kinds…
- Material and size: made of high quality foam, soft and safe, light and harmless; each Christmas tree has a size of 20 cm/7.9…
- DIY production: it is very suitable for DIY crafts; you can add various small decorations, such as stickers, paintings or…
- ✿【Christmas Cartoon Diamond Painting Kits for Kids】Cultivate children’s practical hands-on ability and patience,…
- ✿【Kids Diamond Art】Diamond painting kit is a great DIY crafts for kids. You will be happy to get a quite cute diamond…
- ✿【Easy To Use】There are corresponding numbers on each sticker that mark the places where you stick the diamonds on,…
- ✿【What You Get】The painting kit includes a sticker canvas, colorful diamonds set, adhesive clay, diamond tray, diamond…
- COMPREHENSIVE SET. Our DIY Creativity Art Kit includes 14 wood magnets, a paint palette, a brush, a glitter glue. The…
- UNIQUE DESIGN & EASY TO USE. Adorable wooden magnet crafts! Celebrate summer camp or encourage creativity during after school…
- ENDLESS FUN. This personalized Arts and Crafts set provides fun and entertainment for your kids! It’s also a perfect…
- PREMIUM QUALITY. Child safe: non-toxic, non-BPA, and lead-free. Meet the US toy standard. Safety test approved. The pigment…
- COMPLETE CRAFT KIT – This DIY Christmas tree decorations kit includes everything you need: 6 polystyrene foam balls, ribbons,…
- EASILY DECORATE ORNAMENTS – Just push the pins to insert the sequins into the foam balls. These crafty Christmas decorations…
- MAKE UNIQUE CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS — Cover your tree in unique, handmade ornaments! Use the included ribbons to place…
- GIVE CUSTOMIZED GIFTS — Children can create unique gifts and treasures for the entire family. Brother, sister, mum, dad and…
20 Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Christmas is a magical time, especially for the little ones.
Dive into the festive spirit with our collection of Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids, designed to spark their imagination and fill your home with holiday cheer.
From jolly snowmen to twinkling stars, these crafts are not just fun, but they’re also simple enough for tiny hands to master.
Here’s a list of 20 Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids to make
1. Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees
- Using popsicle sticks, kids can create miniature Christmas trees.
- Paint the sticks green, glue them in a triangular shape, and decorate with sequins or small beads as ornaments.
2. Paper Plate Santa Claus
- Transform a simple paper plate into Santa’s jolly face.
- Use cotton balls for his beard, red construction paper for his hat, and draw or paste eyes and a cheerful mouth.
3. Handprint Reindeer
- A classic Christmas craft, children can use their handprints to create reindeer.
- The fingers become the antlers while the palm serves as the face. Add googly eyes and a red pom pom nose.
4. Snowflake Ornaments
- Using white paper, kids can fold and cut to create unique snowflake designs.
- Add glitter for a sparkling touch and hang them around the house.
5. Candy Cane Pipe Cleaner Craft
- Twist red and white pipe cleaners together to form the iconic candy cane stripe.
- Shape them into the classic hook, and you have a simple and festive ornament.
6. Tissue Paper Wreaths
- Using green tissue paper and a paper plate with the center cut out, kids can create festive wreaths.
- Add red pom poms or bows for added decoration.
7. Jingle Bell Necklaces
- String jingle bells onto a colorful piece of yarn or ribbon.
- Kids can wear these festive necklaces or hang them as decorations.
8. Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Cut and stack green construction paper in increasingly smaller triangles to create a 3D Christmas tree.
- Decorate with stickers, beads, or drawn ornaments.
9. Santa’s Sleigh Paper Craft
- Using brown and red construction paper, kids can craft Santa’s sleigh.
- Add cotton balls for a snowy effect and use candy canes as the sleigh’s runners.
10. Reindeer Popsicle Stick Frame
- Glue popsicle sticks together to form a square frame.
- Attach googly eyes, a red nose, and paper antlers to transform it into a reindeer.
- Insert a festive photo for a personal touch.
11. Snowman Paper Plate Mask
- Paint a paper plate white, add a carrot nose, button eyes, and a smile.
- Attach a popsicle stick at the base, and kids have a snowman mask to play with.
12. Glittery Pinecone Ornaments
- Apply glue to the edges of pinecone scales and sprinkle with glitter.
- Once dry, attach a ribbon to hang on the Christmas tree.
13. Handprint Christmas Wreath
- Using green paint, kids can stamp their handprints in a circular pattern on paper.
- Once dry, red paper berries or bows can be added.
14. Pom Pom Christmas Lights
- Using colorful pom poms, children can create a string of Christmas lights on paper.
- Draw a line for the wire and glue the pom poms as the bulbs.
15. Paper Chain Santa Beard
- Create a paper chain using white strips of paper.
- Attach to a cutout of Santa’s face, and kids can wear Santa’s beard.
16. Footprint Penguin Craft
- Using black and white paint, kids can stamp their footprints to create adorable penguins.
- Add eyes, a beak, and a scarf for added detail.
17. Christmas Tree Handprint Card
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half.
- Kids can stamp their handprint with fingers spread apart.
- Once open, it reveals a Christmas tree shape, perfect for holiday greetings.
18. Snowman Sock Craft
- Fill a white sock with rice or beans.
- Tie it off and decorate with buttons, eyes, and a carrot nose to create a cute snowman.
19. Starry Night Luminaries
- Using a mason jar, tissue paper, and a tea light, kids can create a starry night luminary.
- Stick star-shaped stickers on the jar, wrap with blue tissue paper, and place a tea light inside.
20. Angel Paper Plate Craft
- Using a paper plate, kids can create an angel’s face and body.
- Attach paper wings, draw a face, and use yellow paper for the halo.
What are Popsicle Stick Crafts?
Popsicle stick crafts involve using wooden sticks, often left over from ice pops or purchased in bulk, as the primary material.
These sticks are versatile, easy to handle, and can be transformed into various shapes and designs, making them a favorite for many craft enthusiasts.
Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts
Crafting with popsicle sticks is both affordable and versatile. They’re the perfect canvas for our festive imaginations!
Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees
- Using green paint, color the popsicle sticks.
- Once dry, arrange them in the shape of a tree.
- Decorate with glitter, pom poms, and a paper star on top.
Popsicle Stick Snowflakes
- Paint the sticks in a cool blue or leave them natural.
- Glue them together in a snowflake pattern.
- Add glitter for that frosty sparkle.
What are Paper Plate Crafts?
Paper plate crafts utilize disposable paper plates as the main canvas or structure.
Due to their circular shape and sturdy nature, they’re perfect for creating masks, animals, festive decorations, and more.
They’re especially popular for children’s crafts because of their simplicity and accessibility.
Paper Plate Crafts
Paper plates are a staple in any craft room, and their round shape makes them ideal for many Christmas-themed crafts.
Paper Plate Snowman
- Use two paper plates: one for the body and a smaller one for the head.
- Decorate with buttons, colored paper, and don’t forget the carrot nose!
Paper Plate Reindeer
- Paint the plate brown.
- Add googly eyes, a red pom pom nose, and use pipe cleaners for the antlers.
What are Snowflake Crafts?
snowflake crafts revolve around creating intricate or simple designs that mimic the unique patterns of snowflakes.
What are Hand Print Crafts?
Handprint crafts capture the unique imprint of a child’s hand, turning it into memorable art pieces.
Handprint and Snowflake Crafts
There’s something incredibly special about crafts that capture the tiny hands of our little ones.
Handprint Christmas Tree
- Paint your child’s hand green and press it onto paper.
- Decorate the handprint with mini ornaments or glitter.
- Cut out snowflake shapes from white paper.
- Decorate with silver glitter and hang with a ribbon.
What are Ornament Crafts?
Ornament crafts focus on creating decorative items that can be hung on a Christmas tree, window, or elsewhere in the home.
They can be made from a variety of materials, including clay, paper, fabric, and beads, and often carry sentimental value, especially when made by children.
Fun with Christmas Tree Ornaments
Ornaments are the heart of any Christmas tree, and making them can be a cherished activity.
Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Use clay or salt dough to mold shapes.
- Paint and decorate with beads, glitter, and ribbons.
Jingle Bell Crafts
- Attach jingle bells to a pipe cleaner.
- Shape it into a candy cane or a wreath.
What are Candy Canes Crafts?
Candy cane crafts are inspired by the iconic red and white striped candy, often replicating its shape or color scheme.
What are Christmas Wreath Crafts?
Wreath crafts involve creating circular decorative pieces, symbolizing unity and festivity, and are often adorned with seasonal embellishments.
Crafting with Candy Canes and Wreaths
These symbols of Christmas offer endless crafting possibilities.
Candy Cane Crafts
- Use red and white beads on a pipe cleaner.
- Bend into the shape of a candy cane.
Christmas Wreath Ideas
- Use a paper plate and cut out the center.
- Glue on green tissue paper, pom poms, and a red ribbon.
What are Santa Crafts?
Santa crafts often depict the jolly old man with his red suit and white beard. He is the iconic Christmas figure, who delivers presents.
What are Reindeer Crafts?
Reindeer crafts capture the magic of Santa’s flying companions, complete with antlers and a shiny nose.
Santa and Reindeer Crafts
No Christmas is complete without Santa and his trusty reindeer.
Santa Craft Ideas
- Use a paper plate for Santa’s face.
- Cotton balls for his beard, and don’t forget his iconic red hat!
- Use brown construction paper for the face.
- Add googly eyes, a shiny red nose, and pipe cleaner antlers.
How can you create a unique snowman craft using everyday materials?
Crafting a unique snowman is a fun Christmas activity that kids love.
With some basic craft supplies like cotton balls, buttons, and colored paper, kids can make a cute snowman ornament that’ll be a cherished addition to your Christmas decor.
What are some innovative ways to design a Christmas ornament for the tree?
Encourage kids to use their imagination! From painting pinecones to creating DIY Christmas paper ornaments, the best ideas often come when they let their creativity flow.
Plus, these crafts make great additions to your holiday decor.
How can pipe cleaners be utilized in festive Christmas crafts for kids?
Pipe cleaners are versatile and easy to shape. Kids can twist them into snowflakes, reindeer antlers, or even a simple elf craft. It’s a fun and easy way to get into the holiday spirit.
What are the steps to make a paper Christmas decoration that stands out?
Start with colorful Christmas paper, add some glitter or stickers, and let kids fold and cut to create their favorite Christmas shapes.
Whether it’s a Christmas tree or a star, kids will love making their unique decorations.
How can you use tissue paper to craft vibrant holiday decorations?
Tissue paper is perfect for making holiday projects like lanterns or stained-glass window decorations.
By layering different colors, kids can create beautiful effects that light up the room.
What’s the process for creating a handprint Christmas tree with kids?
This simple craft is perfect for preschoolers. Have kids dip their hands in green paint and stamp them onto paper in the shape of a tree.
Add fingerprint ornaments and a star on top for a memorable Christmas card.
How can jingle bells be incorporated into interactive Christmas crafts?
Jingle bells add a musical touch to any craft. Kids can create a fun Christmas bracelet or a door hanger that rings with holiday cheer every time someone enters.
What are some trending Christmas craft ideas for this holiday season?
Some of the best Christmas crafts for kids this year include DIY Christmas gifts, homemade Christmas ornaments, and crafts inspired by their favorite Christmas story.
With Christmas just around the corner, now’s the perfect time to start holiday crafting.
How can you make a DIY Christmas tree craft that’s both fun and educational?
A DIY Christmas tree craft can teach kids about shapes, colors, and counting.
They can decorate their tree with numbered ornaments or sort decorations by size and color.
It’s a fun way for kids of all ages to learn while celebrating the season.
What are some creative ways to use pom poms in Christmas crafts?
Pom poms are perfect for creating a snowman craft or adding texture to a Christmas card.
Kids can also glue them onto paper to make a 3D Christmas tree or a festive wreath.
How can glitter be safely used in kids’ crafts to add that festive sparkle?
Glitter adds magic to any Christmas craft. Always supervise younger kids and use eco-friendly glitter.
Spread glue on the craft surface and let kids sprinkle the glitter for a shimmering effect.
What techniques can kids use to craft a personalized Christmas card?
Kids can use finger painting, stamping, or even their handprints to make a personalized Christmas card. Adding a heartfelt message inside makes it a special gift for loved ones.
How do you make a snowflake ornament that captures the winter magic?
Using craft sticks or paper, kids can cut or arrange them in a snowflake pattern.
Adding some glitter or sequins captures the winter sparkle, making it a perfect Christmas craft.
What are some fun for kids Christmas crafts that also serve as learning activities?
Crafts like counting ornaments, sorting decorations by color, or creating patterns with beads are not only fun but also educational.
These activities enhance kids’ cognitive skills while they enjoy the festive season.
How can paper crafts be used to enhance the festive decor in your home?
Paper crafts like folded Christmas trees, paper chain garlands, or cut-out snowflakes can be hung around the house.
Kids will enjoy seeing their creations become a part of the holiday decor, making the season even more special.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids. Get some quick answers to everything you need to know.
Why is crafting important for children during the festive season?
Crafting stimulates creativity, boosts self-esteem, and offers a tangible way for children to express their excitement and joy during the holiday season.
How can I make these crafts safe for younger children?
Always supervise younger children, use non-toxic materials, and ensure small items like beads are kept out of reach to prevent choking hazards.
Can these crafts be adapted for older children?
Absolutely! Older children can add more intricate details, use advanced materials, or even come up with their own festive craft ideas.
How can I display these crafts in my home?
Many of these crafts can be hung on your Christmas tree, displayed on windows, or even used as centerpieces for your festive table.
What other materials can I use for these crafts?
The sky’s the limit! Feel free to incorporate materials like fabric, wood, or even recyclable items to give your crafts a unique touch.
Wrapping Up Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids
Crafting during Christmas is more than just an activity; it’s a tradition, a bonding experience, and a way to light up our homes with handmade joy.
Christmas is a magical time, filled with wonder and joy.
Through these crafts, children not only get to express their creativity but also learn valuable skills, all while making memories that last a lifetime.
So, put on some festive music, gather your materials, and let the crafting begin! Happy crafting!
If you enjoyed this article about Christmas Crafts for School Age Kids and would like to learn more, please leave a comment below.